Join here or log in:

Welcome to

Occupy Proposals

OccupyLSX

Welcome to the proposals board for the Occupy LSX General Assembly. Although the St Paul's encampment was removed in February 2011, the General Assembly is continuing. Find us online: Website, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Livestream.

Upcoming assemblies (all »)

There are no upcoming assemblies at this time.

Consensuses (all proposals »)

There are 47 proposals for which consensus has been reached.

Proposal Description Decisions

Move Saturday GAs to Sunday
01:02 Thursday 28th June 2012
by John Bywater

Move 2pm Saturday GAs to 3pm Sunday starting weekend 7-8th July.

Reason: There are a lot of actions and other events on Saturday whereas Sunday seems to be much more popular.

Consensus
General Assembly
14:00 Saturday 30th June 2012

Statement of support for Simon Moore
22:09 Wednesday 20th June 2012
by Administrator

A two year ASBO was yesterday imposed on Simon Moore, our friend and fellow protestor at Leyton Marsh.

Like us, Simon believed that what was happening on Leyton Marsh was wrong and needed to be resisted peacefully.

Like us, Simon did not want to see a beautiful habitat and recreational space enclosed, contaminated and destroyed for a wasteful temporary facility for the Olympics.

Like us, Simon was prepared to show his opposition to this destructive land grab.

Like us, he was intimidated with the full force of the law and criminalised.

Like Simon, we do not wish to stop speaking the truth about legitimate issues around the Olympics such as environmental destruction and suspension of our human rights.

Like Simon, we will not stop peacefully protesting.

Like Simon, we will not stop speaking out about what is right.

Like Simon, we refuse to fear doing what is right and just in the face of repression.

We stand together against this injustice and speak as one. Simon is one of us and we are all Simon Moore!

Consensus
Roving General Assembly
19:00 Friday 22nd June 2012

Propose sending petition regarding government responsibilities for housing
21:26 Wednesday 20th June 2012
by Chris Fursdon-Davis

"I propose Occupy London supports this statement."

Petition to Downing Street about housing

Occupy London Petition Re: Government Responsibilities for Housing    We are delivering this petition on behalf of Occupy London. As representatives of the Economics Working Group of OL, we are the signatories of this document, acting on behalf of the OL General Assembly which approved both its principles and its content at its meeting of 23rd June 2012.   It is difficult to argue against the general and particular merits of the initiative proposed, this taking account of the acute crisis in housing which is generally acknowledged by all those working in the sector. While this policy has been developed independently by the Economics Working Group of Occupy London, it both reflects, and draws upon, a variety of suggested policy initiatives which would seem to enjoy wide and urgently felt support from a majority of professionals with an interest in the field.    The imperative need for a stimulus for the economy is impossible to overstate, and this agenda provides the best possible place to start. It is clear that blind adherence to  housing policies that have been shown to be both ineffective and economically disastrous over an extended period has nothing but continuing social damage to offer to the people or economy of our country, either in the short or longer term.   We understand that you will find it difficult to avoid engaging with the issues raised other than on the basis of spurious and outmoded economic ideology. However, we look forward to prompt ‘real world’ action to address this fundamental and as yet outstanding duty to the country whose people you lay claim to represent.      Yours Sincerely

Consensus
General Assembly
14:00 Saturday 23rd June 2012

Request for £50 towards the expenses of Occupy Nomads
20:42 Wednesday 13th June 2012
by Em Weirdigan

Nomadic Occupy have been largely self-funding for the last 3 months, they have covered all their food and sanitation costs and most of their transport and infrastructure costs themselves or by raising donations.

The Nomads aim to stay in a place for 4 weeks, then move on, however recently they have been moved on more frequently than this which means additional costs which they have struggled to meet. They are therefore asking for a contribution towards transport costs to help them repay individuals who have contributed more than they can afford towards helping the camp move.

The Nomads do not expect this to set a precedent - if this request is granted they won't automatically assume funding in the future.

Consensus
Finance GA
19:00 Tuesday 26th June 2012

Occupy London to back the counter-olympics event
16:12 Wednesday 6th June 2012
by Fanny Malinen

the counterolympics network, which is a coalition of different campaigns and organisations highlighting different kinds of wrongs around the london games 2012 (from leyton marshes to missiles and dodgy corporate sponsors), is organising a demo on the 28th of july. it will be a peaceful, family-friendly event in east london, details yet to be announced. i want to ask the GA to support this event as it could possibly be the widest counter-olympic event this summer, and the issues it tackles are very much occupy as well.

Consensus
Roving General Assembly
19:00 Friday 8th June 2012

Donation for seeds for change
16:11 Wednesday 6th June 2012
by Mark Weaver

Finance request for 100 pounds. Donation for seeds for change to support them as they have given several trainings to occupy london for free. They are currently struggling to stay a float.

Consensus
Roving General Assembly
19:00 Friday 8th June 2012

strong binliners for Finsbury Square clean up
16:07 Wednesday 6th June 2012
by Catherine Powell

I bought four rolls of strong binliners for Finsbury Square which we put to immediate use tonight having a big team clear up after the arrival of the toilets and our having successfully got our written personal testimonials evidence in to Court on time

Consensus
Roving General Assembly
19:00 Friday 8th June 2012

A theme for the website
23:56 Tuesday 5th June 2012
by Ludovica

£35 for a new theme for the website

Consensus
Roving General Assembly
19:00 Friday 8th June 2012

Rescheduling of GAs
23:47 Tuesday 5th June 2012
by Ludovica

Occupy London General Assembly

The Occupy London General Assembly will have the following schedule.

2pm Saturday This GA will be happening every week. Outreach events, teach-outs, outward facing topics will be privileged for this GA. Once a month, preferably the first Saturday of the month, the GA will have the format of the Working Group Assembly.

7pm Tuesday and Friday These GAs will be scheduled only if there are proposals or topics submitted for discussion. Proposals and topics related to Occupy will be privileged for these GAs.

The scheduling of GAs will be decided at the GA planning meetings every Wednesday 7pm. The choice of the day will depend on: - other events planned in that week - availability of proposer - availability of facilitator

Un-scheduled General Assemblies can occur only if they are approved by consensus at a previous General Assembly.

The main location of the GA remains the Steps of St. Pauls. Any location change will be communicated in advance on the website and through the twitter account @occupylondonGA

Consensus
Roving General Assembly
19:00 Friday 8th June 2012

Finance Proposal from A.N.On
20:07 Wednesday 30th May 2012
by Jack Dean

please uncle jack; could you overlook my tardy request - i was chatting to that sandhu lady. the loo saga is being dealt with by her and liz.

but can the camp have £35 for the genny, £150 for food and £80 for gas. dont ask me about receipts (pass this on to great uncle dombi if you wish) cuz ive been away - for legal reasons - + know nothing about such paper ghosts...

Consensus
Finance + EEE GA
19:00 Friday 1st June 2012

Occupy Legal Funding Proposal
19:45 Wednesday 30th May 2012
by Matthew Varnham

I would like to make an amendment to the finance proposal that was granted last week. It was agreed to provide funding for Livestream/Legal to purchase a Contour+ cam which would stream to the Internet. What was misunderstood when the proposal was put forward was the fact that on top of the camera, and the subsequent Cerivo 'liveshell' streaming device what was required was also a 3G data connection. This was the reason given for also requesting the iPad with 3G data plan.

I don't think this would work for the following reasons; - For the contour cam to Livestream to the Internet, there would need to be enough bandwidth to allow for continual uploading of HD content. -The person with the Livestream cam would also have to have the iPad. -if the iPad were to run out of battery, the contour camera wouldn't be able to stream -the iPad 3 already has a HD video camera. -using the Contour+ camera, there is no opportunity to have a dialogue with the viewer in the way that is possible using Livestream or Bambuser on other such devices.

The Contour camera would be necessary for legal as it would allow for HD quality recording straight onto memory stick without having to worry about incriminating evidence being made available to police on the Internet. It would allow the legal observer to type notes which relate to what the camera is seeing. -the Contour+ version also has GPS so it is possible to relate an incident to a particular time and location. -footage collected on the memory stick can be made available and uploaded after the event, assuming the footage is not required for legal purposes.

I would suggest that given the aforementioned reasons, the Contour+ video camera should be available solely for the purposes of legal, and as such would be kept by legal with legal observer jackets. They can, however be utilised for other actions and events.

I am requesting money for the camera which can be bought and imported from the US for £310 - (the UK price is £500). The £16.99 strap will attach to any bike helmet and by purchasing 2 MicroSD cards, there will be an opportunity to continue recording if one memory card is full.

Contour+ Video Camera - £310 imported from USA Contour helmet mount - £16.99 2 x 32GB MicroSD - £23.56 (2 x £11.78) (spare) Contour Rechargeable lithium battery £18.99

TOTAL - £369.54

I understand Livestream will be making a separate request for an iPad which would be more suitable for their needs.

Matthew

Consensus
Finance + EEE GA
19:00 Friday 1st June 2012

FUND REQUEST - Health and Safety LSX
19:44 Wednesday 30th May 2012
by Max

Description of the request

Health and Safety equipment at Finsbury needs to be returned to owners. Two heavy metal fuel safes and one generator cage. They were at St Pauls and lent to Finsbury.

Owners HSS Ltd.

NB Very heavy items.

A one day job.

Van hire: cheapest found to date: £89 Congestion Charge one day: £10 Diesel Local with any balance returned: £20

Total: £119

Other sources of vans are unavailable. Yes, have checked other firms and this is cheapest.

Consensus
Finance + EEE GA
19:00 Friday 1st June 2012

£200 for direct action
19:43 Wednesday 30th May 2012
by Tom Palmer

A proposal for 200 pounds for direct action. details on a need to know basis.

Consensus
Finance + EEE GA
19:00 Friday 1st June 2012

Occupy Earth Summit People's Petition
19:35 Wednesday 30th May 2012
by Peter Coville

[insert link]

Consensus
Finance + EEE GA
19:00 Friday 1st June 2012

Portable PA for Occupy Community
19:31 Wednesday 30th May 2012
by Liz Beech

For Occupy Community - invaluable bit of portable kit for roaming. £173. 10 + p&p

Consensus
Finance + EEE GA
19:00 Friday 1st June 2012

Occupy London to support the Carnival of Dirt
19:26 Wednesday 30th May 2012
by Jack Dean

PROPOSAL

The Corporations Working Group proposes that Occupy London lends its support and varied skills to the Carnival of Dirt. Inspired by the work of the Corporations Working Group it would be greatly strengthened by having the support of as many other Occupiers as possible.

This proposal, if passed, would allow Occupy London to express desires similar but not exclusive to:

  • Occupy London Backs the Carnival of Dirt
  • Occupy London is proud to be a part of the Carnival Of Dirt

BACKGROUND

If you scratch the surface of any transnational mining or extraction corporation, you will find the same abhorrent, filthy behaviour.

The billionaires behind this trade, make their fortunes at the cost of human rights abuses, labour rights violations, poisoning of the environment and dwindling water resources, forced acquisition of lands with empty promises of adequate housing and employment, evading millions in taxes, corrupting governments, thriving in conflict zones and turning peoples against each other.

Financial institutions like the London Stock Exchange and the London Metal Exchange and governments turn a blind eye to these abuses and fail to punish for these crimes in the majority world or even legislate against them adequately.

Carnival Of Dirt celebrates all those fighting this injustice and remembers those who have suffered for doing so.

Carnival of Dirt to hit London 15 June

Friday 15 June, London is about to experience its first ever Carnival of Dirt, a carnival like no other, highlighting the ills of mining and extraction corporations – including Glencore and Xstrata – that evade millions in taxation, are supported by the British government and are propped up by UK pension funds, despite their obscene human rights, financial and environmental abuses.

The Carnival Family

This unique day of remembrance, actions and celebrations is bringing together people across generations and causes, political ideals and continents, with a coalition of activists contributing to the day including members of Frack Off, Congo United for Freedom, Free West Papua Campaign, Congolese Youth Action Platform, Earth Faeries, Philippine Indigenous Peoples Links, No Tar Sands, Foil Vedanta, Colombian Solidarity Campaign, Tatiana Giraud Foundation, Gaia Foundation, Lumumba Coalition, Latin American Mining Monitoring Programme, Government of the Dead, London Mining Network, UK Uncut, Occupy London, Reclaim the Streets and more.

Networking

Although we are still adding to the site, www.carnivalofdirt.org is up and running. As is: www.twitter.com/carnivalofdirt and www.facebook.com/carnivalofdirt

Consensus
General Assembly
14:00 Saturday 2nd June 2012

Lay people's court representation admin - photographs, paper, pens and photocopying
19:24 Wednesday 30th May 2012
by Catherine Powell

We have needed to spend some money on paper, pens, photocopying and some printing photographic evidence in order to provide testimonials for our court case in the Royal Courts of Justice on Friday. I estimate this will be around £25 maximum and will bring receipts.

Consensus
Finance + EEE GA
19:00 Friday 1st June 2012

Economics Working Group - Economics Handbook
19:22 Wednesday 30th May 2012
by Peter Dombi

The Economics Working Group would like to present the Economics Handbook (probably actually to be called the Little Book of Ideas) to the General Assembly. This is a handbook of Economic Theory, which it is intended will be an educational tool to be distributed by Occupy in order to inform the public of Economic Issues and Terminology and the current state of our Society.

Comment: It would be good to get Consensus for the document, though as it is going to be at least 30 pages long it is probably better to get consensus in principle rather than try to agree every line of text. We would also like to ask the GA for £462 to fund an initial print run of 5000 copies. We would like to do this at the GA on Saturday June 2nd if possible.

Consensus
General Assembly
14:00 Saturday 2nd June 2012

Occupy Finsbury Square banner materials
19:15 Wednesday 30th May 2012
by Catherine Powell

I have spent a total of £42.12 on banner materials for the new Occupy Finsbury Square banner which says 'The world is in a much bigger mess than this camp. OCCUPY' and is 12 metres wide and hanging between the trees at Finsbury Square. I provided the background fabric and sewing threads out of my own cupboards but had to buy the rest. We team-sewed on the ground at Finsbury for about 24 hours in total to make this banner. I would like to be reimbursed the £42.12 and have the receipts for what I spent. I bought the cheapest available fabrics for the purpose.

Consensus
Finance + EEE GA
19:00 Friday 1st June 2012

Adopt common approach to work through common concerns
18:59 Wednesday 30th May 2012
by John Bywater

Propose coordinating activities by adopting a common approach to common concerns.

Common approach would entail:

  • object and protest
  • declare rights
  • construct story
  • commit to story
  • repeat

Consensus
General Assembly
14:00 Saturday 2nd June 2012

Forward plan summer GAs
18:58 Wednesday 30th May 2012
by John Bywater

Propose planning summer GAs ahead:

  • themed GAs with speakers, breakout groups, and tests for consensus on alternatives to the current system
  • publish list of areas of common concern (health, education, forests, seas, ...)
  • call out for organisations which may be interested to speak about common areas of concern
  • think of locations suitable for each concern

Consensus
General Assembly
14:00 Saturday 2nd June 2012

Change WGA to be a monthly (not weekly) event
19:22 Wednesday 23rd May 2012
by Ludovica

That the Wg assembly is not held on a weekly basis anymore.  It will be held once a month, on a date to be defined case by case.

This proposal comes from the following considerations:

  1. Attendance, and therefore effectiveness, of the WG assembly has diminushed notibly in the past month.
  2. By freeing tuesday evening we allow space for other types of meetings to happen at that time.
  3. Hopefully the fact that it will be happening once a month will encourage more people/wgs to attend.
  4. By making it happen once a month we can promote it as an outreach event.
  5. In this perspective, it could be worth considering that it takes the place of a saturday 2pm GA once a month (this could be something we consider case by case) 

Consensus
Roving Assembly
19:00 Friday 25th May 2012

Funding for Corporations WG to support upcoming Day of Action
19:19 Wednesday 23rd May 2012
by Administrator

BACKGROUND - Carnival Of Dirt

Last year Occupy activists decided to occupy the UK office of the FTSE 100′s highest paid CEO: Mick Davis of Xstrata plc. To support the defence of the Xstrata 21 the Occupy the London Stock Exchange’s Corporations Working Group didn’t have to dig deep to uncover sinister and illegal conduct. We began a project to create a research document to present to the world.

Many occupiers came forward to provide support. People began approaching us asking us if we knew much about Glencore. These two corporations effectively already work together and are currently attempting to merge. The people who wanted to offer support began to pile up. Indigenous activists in areas of the world damaged by these companies contacted us with information and a desire to act. Organisations like the London Mining Network, Piplinks, Philippines Solidarity Campaign and Free West Papua began feeding into our campaign, journalists and film makers from a number of continents worked with us, Occupiers from Switzerland and many more. Suddenly a large variety of groups, from research to direct action to people suffering directly at the hands of Xstrata and Glencore, Rio Tinto, BHP Billiton, Shell, Anglo American, Verdanta and others were planning a day to commemorate the dead and celebrate the living who still fight on, a Carnival of Dirt. A day for the majority world.

Carnival Plan

http://www.carnivalofdirt.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/day-of-dead5finFB.pdf

Morning – Funeral Procession

Lunch – Provided by the majority world, with accompanying teach-out

Evening – A street party

PROPOSAL

The costs of this day are somewhere in the region of £2000, with other groups contributing what they can. This proposal submits a request for Occupy London to agree to spend from its funds to help purchase the following items:

Materials for the Props - Coffins and Funeral Bier – £120 - A memorial to those murdered for standing up to the extractive industry. A celebration for the lives of those who continue the fight. Supported by a New Orleans Style Jazz soundtrack.

Printed Materials – (breakdown below)

3000x Flyers - £134 – Advertising the event

5000x Stickers - £140– Advertising the Street Party

20 A2 Placards - £67 - For the funeral, showing the faces of those murdered

Web-hosting costs -2 years – £35 - While I am happy to pay half the cost for hosting the website carnivalofdirt.org I request from the assembly the remaining £35 to host the site online for 2 years. After the event, I would like to develop the site as a resource for the Corporations WG's continuing work.

SUMMARY OF FINANCE REQUEST

Timber - £50

Paint - £30

Second hand umbrellas - £40

Printed Materials - £341

Web-hosting - £35

TOTAL: approx. £496

Consensus
Roving Assembly
19:00 Friday 25th May 2012

£983.00 for headcam and iPad available for use by both Livestream and Occupy London Legal Observers
19:17 Wednesday 23rd May 2012
by Administrator

[passed without iPad]

£254.00 Cerevo LiveShell | High-Quality Live Uploading & Streaming to UStream, LiveStream, Youtube from any HD Video Source.

£350.00 Contour+ Plus Camera

Sub-total = £604.00   iPad set up: x 1   iPad as per James's costings.

Alternatively, a longer term investment would be a 24 month contract, which would provide 15GB/month would cost £159 up front with £25 for 24 month, which would work out at £759. With the amount of data, and considering the length of the contract, it would work at at £379.50 / year / iPad.   Sub-total £379.50   Total = £983.00 (1 x Livestream cam. 1 x ipad)   Please note: A replacement HTC phone for one livestreamer will be sourced elsewhere.   Funds that are not used for these items, will be refunded back to Occupy London account.

Consensus
Roving Assembly
19:00 Friday 25th May 2012

£100 to cover the purchase of 10 legal observer jackets from GBC
19:13 Wednesday 23rd May 2012
by Administrator

I would like to make a proposal that £100 be reimbursed to cover the purchase of 10 legal observer jackets from GBC. I am making this request on behalf of Janie Mac who I believe made this purchase during the time when the finances were frozen. The legal observer jackets have been necessary as GBC have been reluctant to give any of theirs out as they are being kept by certain people. They were used during all of the May actions.

The legal observer jackets are being looked after by me, and they are immediately available for anyone with the necessary training to respond to any Occupy event.

There is no receipt for this as Janie bought these items from GBC who ordered a larger number. I can ask that GBC write out a receipt if this helps.

Consensus
Roving Assembly
19:00 Friday 25th May 2012

‘OCCUPY THE JUBILEE’ event on Jubilee day on Sunday 3rd June
19:12 Wednesday 23rd May 2012
by Administrator

[passed but without march to Republic]

The RDWG is proposing an ‘OCCUPY THE JUBILEE’ event on Jubilee day on Sunday 3rd June. This is the day that the British Establishment is planning the celebrate monarchy with a thousand ships coming down the Thames. We are proposing that Occupy London celebrates democracy at St Pauls Cathedral assembling at 12 noon. 

The group has a draft paper called ‘Crown, Parliament and People’ as background for a discussion at the GA which we intend to circulate. 

Occupy for Democracy 

This was suggested at a recent GA as an alternative. We are not opposed to this as an alternative title and are happy to discuss its merits again in seeking consensus. 

Celebrating Democracy 

The theme of “Celebrating Democracy” is not about the current democracy which has failed. It is about celebrating the struggle for democracy undertaken by, for example, the Levellers, Chartists, and Suffragettes symbolised in their colours, green, red, and violet. This runs alongside a popular republican tradition taking us from the revolutionary Tom Paine to a future People’s Republic built on people’s assemblies and real democracy. 

A range of speakers will connect the themes of democracy and people’s rights. A speaker from the working group will open on the Crown and the struggle for democracy. Alberto Durango (IWW City Cleaners Branch) will talk about the struggles for democratic and trade union rights in the City. Dr Louise Irving will speak about the failure of the parliamentary system to halt long term government plans for privatisation of the NHS. Donnachadh McCarthy will speak about the corruption of liberal democracy by corporate interests. 

Natasha Langridge (Playwright) will speak about democracy practised by pirate ships. Peter Tatchell (Republican and Human Rights Activist) will discuss why we need republican democracy. John McDonnell MP will draw these themes together with reference to the struggle for democracy in the past and why we need a radical extension of democracy today. 

Lastly we hope to have Jubilee Debt Campaign to do a Teach - Out on auditing and cancelling debt. Jubilee was historically associated with debt forgiveness and when Athenian democracy was established Solon, the father of Athenian democracy, wrote laws cancelling debt. 

CARNIVAL

It is important that this event is conducted in a carnival atmosphere. We would like to have some communal singing interspersed between speakers. People should dress up as pirates. We should have balloons and music. We are suggesting we should decorate where possible with the red, lilac and green colours of the Levellers, Chartists and Suffragettes. We hope to have some people dressing up as pirates with flags. 

DANCE-IN 

We propose a march from St Pauls on a route that will take us to the Thames. We have asked a samba band to lead us with the idea of dancing rather than simply marching – for example Salsa to St Pauls, Boogie to the Bank and Tango to the Tower or whatever route is agreed. Those who want to disperse will do so and the rest and those who want to join the Republic event will find our own way there 

Consensus
Roving Assembly
19:00 Friday 25th May 2012

Message of Support from Occupy London to Occupy Bilderberg
19:10 Wednesday 23rd May 2012
by Administrator

The Economics Working Group has a statement of support for Occupy Bilderberg, that it would like endorsed by the GA. This message will be read out - in Chantilly Virginia - to the members of Occupy Bilderberg, protesting outside the Bilderberg Conference (May 31 - June 3).

It is a simple message of support, and the idea is that it would have more impact coming from the whole of Occupy London, rather than solely from the EWG.

Many thanks

Charlie

Consensus
Roving Assembly
19:00 Friday 25th May 2012

Request for operators of general@, press@ outreach@ email addresses and press phone to declare themselves and their procedures
20:33 Wednesday 16th May 2012
by Administrator

BACKGROUND:

On the home page of both the old and new Occupy London websites, the following email addresses and telephone numbers are displayed:

General: general@occupylsx.org Press: press@occupylsx.org Outreach: outreach@occupylsx.org Press phone: +44 (0) 845 299 6175

Because of their prime position on the homepage, any outsider wishing to contact Occupy London will do so using these means, and will be under the impression that they are making 'official' contact.

However, there is currently no information available about who receives any emails and telephone calls made to these places, what process they use to respond to them or how an occupier could request and be granted access to these shared resources. There is no way of knowing if the password to these accounts are secure.

Occupy London values and promotes transparency, accountability and horizontal structure, yet it's primary points of one-to-one contact with the wider world lack all 3 of these, and those who use these contact points appear to have not made any effort to change this state of affairs in the 6 months since they were created.

PROPOSAL

I propose that:

The General Assembly requests that every person who has, or has had, access to send and receive emails or telephone calls from any of these addresses and numbers:

1) Makes themselves known.

2) Explains which addresses or number they have access to, how they came to have access to them, and how others who desire it can gain access to them.

3) Gives an estimate of the number of emails and calls they have received and responded to since they gained access to each address or number.

4) Explains the procedures and processes that they have been using to decide how and whether to respond to or forward incoming communications

5) Is invited to share ideas on how the operation of these and similar addresses and numbers could be made more transparent, accountable and horizontally structured.

For the sake of explicit communication, the General Assembly requests that those announcing their possession of these resources do so in writing, and publish their responses to either the new Occupy London website Press WG forum, or to the mailing list at occupylondon@groupspaces.com

The General Assembly requests that responses are made by the relevant parties within 2 weeks of this proposal being passed at a General Assembly.

Consensus
Roving Assembly
19:00 Friday 25th May 2012

Reimbursement for counter-fascist outreach event in Luton May 2012
19:29 Wednesday 9th May 2012
by Tom Palmer

Proposal for reimbursement for outreach event (counter-fascist event in luton) Details
On saturday 3 occupiers including myself attended the "we are luton" counter demonstration to the edl on saturday, we searched for the cheapest ways to go discounting train travel as too expensive (circa 20 pounds each) went in a van with a bunch on anarchists, £4 petrol each , £10 total , 4cm wodge of Occupy/ you dont need to be a tent to be an occupier business cards distributed as well as numerous verbal defence and promotion of our movement.

Consensus
Roving Assembly
19:00 Friday 11th May 2012

Support ending corporate capture of the United Nations
13:44 Wednesday 9th May 2012
by Melanie Strickland

It is proposed that Occupy London becomes a signatory to the joint civil society statement Ending corporate capture of the United Nations. It's a statement calling for the UN to represent the public interest and resist corporate capture at Rio+20. It has been supported by Friends of the Earth and others.

Ending Corporate Capture of the United Nations

We, the undersigned organisations, believe that the United Nations (UN) is currently the most democratic and appropriate global institution for international negotiations. We therefore support further strengthening of multilateral institutions and processes within the UN framework, making them more democratic and responsive to the needs of people. However, we have strong concerns about the growing influence of major corporations and business lobby groups within the UN: over their influence on the positions of national governments in multilateral negotiations, their dominance in certain UN discussion spaces and in certain UN bodies. Increasingly we see UN policies that do not necessarily serve the public interest, but rather support the commercial interests of certain companies or business sectors. The upcoming Earth Summit in Rio in June 2012 should be seized as the opportunity to stop this trend, terminate dubious partnerships between the UN and businesses, and end the privileged access that has been granted to the corporate sector... See more »

Consensus
Roving Assembly
19:00 Friday 11th May 2012

Support for concept of rights of Mother Earth in Rio +20 text
23:40 Wednesday 25th April 2012
by Melanie Strickland

This is the letter I'd like Occupy London to support:

Dear Ambassador, We, the undersigned representatives of civil society organizations and social movements, Encouraged by the vision of the G77 to include the concept of Mother Earth in the Rio+20 negotiations, Commend this step as a sign of commitment to a just and sustainable future for people, all species and for our Mother Earth, Request that all UN Member States work vigorously to retain and expand the sections on the Rights of Mother Earth and Harmony with Nature, Ambassador, Rio+20 is the moment to define ‘The Future We Want’ and that future must include the Rights of Mother Earth as well as safeguards for people and nature, especially in the context of an ill-defined Green Economy. We therefore call upon you to continue to respect your obligations to Human Rights, the Rio Principles, Equity and to support further efforts to defend Mother Earth! Signed,

Here's a letter explaining the background:

Dear Friends, For the first time ‘Mother Earth’ has appeared in the Rio+20 negotiation text! This represents a potential shift in the negotiations which have thus far been weighted dramatically towards the economic over the environment… but we must act quickly and strongly to support this initiative. Please circulate this request widely! Last night the G77 proposed language referencing Mother Earth and the interdependence between Human Beings, other living species and the planet we inhabit. There is, however, a big debate within the G77 on just how far to go with these concepts, under the section on Harmony with Nature. This is a critical moment in these negotiations as governments are deleting, bracketing or integrating items and our voice needs to be heard as civil society and social movements. Much of the debate is happening behind closed doors in sessions between blocks like the EU or the G77 and this is where decisions are made to retain elements or remove them. If we want the Rights of Mother Earth and these broader concepts to appear in the text, we must move quickly and show that we support this initiative by the G77! This is a message that must be heard by all G77 Member States, and by all UN Member States, before the Harmony with Nature section is again negotiated in a few days. I am asking you to sign the following statement to support ] putting forward concepts and frameworks that put human-centered activities in the larger context of Mother Earth and the environmental systems we must protect. This is probably the most important step we can take to counter the narrow and dangerous focus of the false Green Economy that is based on markets, pricing, commodification and financialisation of nature; completely without respect or regard for Mother Earth! We must protect human rights, the Rio Principles and other safeguards in the negotiating text, but going beyond a focus solely on people and narrow economic interest is critical. If no voice speaks for nature in these negotiations, then we are leaving future generations and Mother Earth completely vulnerable; Rio+20 must be the moment for a bold new vision of our common future and it must include the Rights of Mother Earth! If you agree, please sign the following statement by Sunday April 29th, we will fax in signature before the negotiations begin again on Monday April 30th. Send your name, organization and country to anil@canadians.org In solidarity, Anil Naidoo Blue Planet Project Council of Canadians

Consensus
Roving General Assembly
18:30 Friday 27th April 2012

Occupy May 1st Statement
17:00 Friday 20th April 2012
by John Bywater

On 1 May, people around the world will strike. They will demand their right to decent working conditions, secure employment and pensions. This day is for all people. It isn't just for workers lucky enough to have unions to represent them. It is for parents and carers whose work is often not seen as productive, for people forced into workfare schemes, for students whose only way to employment is unpaid internships, for those who can't get their foot in the door of the workplace because of their nationality, gender, disabilities. It is for all of us and our right to earn a living for a decent life.

The numbers of people claiming unemployment benefits is rising, with unemployment at levels close to their highest for a generation (much as the Government likes to constantly move the goalpost in their favour to massage the figures). Many with a job are forced to comply with unacceptable conditions, due to not having realistic alternatives, and their work is not as valued as some. The income gap between the highest and lowest is growing more quickly in Britain than other economies over the past three decades. Topping the inequalities off, we’ve seen average pay rises for FTSE 100 executives at 43%, with ‘top’ directors at 49%, all of whom can use their status to avoid tax.

It is time for these inequalities to stop. This May Day, strike with your union if you have one. Call in sick, take a holiday, don't show up. Join actions and marches in your city, bring your community together and talk about the issues in your area, make some noise. Remember, you are not alone and that together we can make a change.

Occupy London will be out in support of events on the day and is be planning some actions of our own:

Morning - Occupy the tube! Occupy London is planning something very special and would like to invite you to get involved. More details coming so stay in touch ;)

Noon - Assemble for May Day march At noon Occupy London will be joining the thousands coming together for the May Day March in London. Assemble at Clerkenwell Green from noon, then at 1pm moving off to Traflagar Square where there will be a rally. More info at http://www.londonmayday.org/.

2.30pm - Against Workfare Occupy London will support the anti-workfare actions against companies participating in the workfare schemes, which have been called by South London Solidarity Federation and North London SolFed calling on all those fighting back. More information and map of targets will be at https://www.facebook.com/events/406395462721503/.

March, strike and occupy.

Consensus
Roving General Assembly
18:30 Friday 20th April 2012

Open Day
23:41 Thursday 5th April 2012
by

That the open day that will take place on Tuesday 10th April can be endorsed by the GA as an Occupy London event. It will be an event where working groups and camps can share information on what they have done in the past months and what they plan to do in the future. It will be an opportunity for us to outreach to our supporters.

There will be a planning meeting Saturday at 4pm where anyone who would like to get involved in organizing can participate.

Consensus
Roving General Assembly
19:00 Friday 6th April 2012

Provide description of Process posted on wall in Tent City University
00:12 Sunday 25th March 2012
by

There was a proposal to provide a print out of the various processes at Occupy in London such as GA structuring and the consensus process used.

Print out the information and post in TCU

Consensus
General Assembly
19:00 Wednesday 25th January 2012

RMT to assist Saint Paul's Tranquility team
21:36 Thursday 15th March 2012
by

The tranquility team at Saint Paul's lacks volunteers. There are recurring disturbances during meetings and late into the night.

Max, who has liaised up until now with the RMT offer of security shall invite them to the GA to meet the campers. Unless they are not prepared to work in the spirit of Occupy, they shall begin supporting our Tranquility team as soon as they can.

Consensus
Saint Paul's
19:00 Monday 12th December 2011

Clear separation between Occupy LSX and Occupy Saint Paul's
21:30 Thursday 15th March 2012
by

Our identity at Saint Paul’s is in question as we seem to represent our camp AND Occupy London.

We can not operate efficiently.

Passwords of website, facebook, twitter and other media platforms to be provided to the relevant Saint Paul's WG.

Consensus
Saint Paul's
13:00 Friday 16th December 2011

Register of Proposals
21:21 Thursday 15th March 2012
by

The Process WG would like to create a register of Proposals that would track proposals, inform as to theoir status and whether they achieved consensus or not.

A virtual platform that can display the status of proposals. Accessible to the Process WG for updates. With facility for WG's to upload proposals.

Consensus
Saint Paul's
19:00 Friday 6th January 2012

Occupy to share a platform with housing agencies and NGO's.
21:13 Thursday 15th March 2012
by

Proposal put forward by the Land and Housing sub-group of the Economics WG.

Housing lies at centre of economics crisis we live in. Idea is to put together a government program of social housing offset by money that has gone into quantitative easing. What we want to do with that idea, is get NGOs and other people like British Social Housing Federation, Shelter, Chartered Institute of Housing etc. who know a lot more about the subject than we do. If we manage to achieve meetings of this kind we would like to have the approval of the GA.

The Land and Housing sub-group can go ahead and arrange this conference. Conditions apply: (a) the WG gives the GA regular updates on their progress (b) The GA gives approval of any final documentation that would be aimed at the government (proposed by Economics WG).

Consensus
Saint Paul's
19:00 Friday 6th January 2012

Core Expenditure (Finance WG)
05:53 Wednesday 14th March 2012
by

Need to allocate funds to pre-approved costs without passing through the Finance GA every Tuesday.

Toilets £345/ Food for 3 kitchens (Fins, LSX and BOI but not Justice) £170/ Gas LSX £80/ Gas – toilets £160/ Fuel for generator at LSX £62

This shall be reviewed on a monthly basis.

Consensus
General Assembly
19:00 Friday 13th January 2012

Amendment to Online Safer Spaces Policy
23:52 Tuesday 13th March 2012
by

Having already acheived consensus, it was felt that the Online Safer Spaces Policy was lacking in important aspect. This is the amendment we wish to add:

"Personal attacks and false and defamatory accusations will not be accepted."

There was originally a sentiment similar to this in the Policy, however it was removed during the intial consent of the Policy.

The amendment will be added to the Policy.

Users of Occupy London online platforms will have their access removed to said platforms if they breach this new code of conduct.

Consensus
General Assembly
14:00 Saturday 10th March 2012

Start banner WG
00:08 Monday 2nd January 2012
by

Create a group to design a banner and feedback to a later GA

Consensus
General Assembly
19:00 Monday 24th October 2011

£250 for 16amp cable for Tech WG
00:02 Monday 2nd January 2012
by

Consensus
General Assembly
19:00 Wednesday 26th October 2011

Clear front of camp
23:56 Sunday 1st January 2012
by

Clear the front of the camp of all party political banners and stalls.

Consensus
General Assembly
19:00 Monday 24th October 2011

Linking OSLX and OFS
23:39 Sunday 1st January 2012
by

There will be a meeting once a week for both sites together. The working group reps from each site will exchange numbers and communicate. Each camp will have a phone at the info tent. We are first occupy to have two sites. We need to enable the camps to be autonomous yet communicating, to experiment and demonstrate how decentralized organizing can work. It is Occupy London rather than separate projects. Each GA will include some feedback from the other site.

Consensus
General Assembly
19:00 Saturday 22nd October 2011

Solidarity with Greece
23:14 Sunday 1st January 2012
by

Send a message of solidarity with general strikes in Greece.

Consensus
General Assembly
19:00 Thursday 20th October 2011

Occupy London Initial Statement
05:49 Thursday 29th December 2011
by

  1. The current system is unsustainable. It is undemocratic and unjust. We need alternatives; this is where we work towards them.

  2. We are of all ethnicities, backgrounds, genders, generations, sexualities, dis/abilities and faiths. We stand together with occupations all over the world.

  3. We refuse to pay for the banks’ crisis.

  4. We do not accept the cuts as either necessary or inevitable. We demand an end to global tax injustice and our democracy representing corporations instead of the people.

  5. We want regulators to be genuinely independent of the industries they regulate.

  6. We support the strike on 30 November and the student action on 9 November, and actions to defend our health services, welfare, education and employment, and to stop wars and arms dealing.

  7. We want structural change towards authentic global equality. The world’s resources must go towards caring for people and the planet, not the military, corporate profits or the rich.

  8. We stand in solidarity with the global oppressed and we call for an end to the actions of our government and others in causing this oppression.

  9. This is what democracy looks like. Come and join us!

Consensus
General Assembly
19:00 Sunday 16th October 2011

Statement of Autonomy
02:13 Wednesday 28th December 2011
by

Occupy London Statement of Autonomy

Occupy London is a people’s movement. It is party-less, leaderless, by the people and for the people. It is not a business, a political party, an advertising campaign or a brand. It is not for sale.

We welcome all, who, in good faith, petition for a redress of grievances through non-violence. We provide a forum for peaceful assembly of individuals to engage in participatory as opposed to partisan debate and democracy. We welcome dissent.

Any statement or declaration not released through the General Assembly and made public online at occupylsx.org should be considered independent of Occupy London.

We wish to clarify that Occupy London is not and never has been affiliated with any established political party, candidate or organisation. Our only affiliation is with the people.

The people who are working together to create this movement are its sole and mutual caretakers. If you have chosen to devote resources to building this movement, especially your time and effort, then it is yours.

Any organisation is welcome to support us with the knowledge that doing so will mean questioning your own institutional frameworks of work and hierarchy and integrating our principles into your modes of action.

SPEAK WITH US, NOT FOR US.

Occupy London values collective resources, dignity, integrity and autonomy above money. We have not made endorsements. All donations are accepted anonymously and are transparently allocated.

We acknowledge the existence of professional activists who work to make our world a better place. If you are representing, or being compensated by an independent source while participating in our process, please disclose your affiliation at the outset. Those seeking to capitalise on this movement or undermine it by appropriating its message or symbols are not a part of Occupy London.

We stand in solidarity. We are Occupy London.

None

Untested
General Assembly
19:00 Friday 30th December 2011

Consensus
General Assembly
19:00 Wednesday 25th January 2012